Saturday, December 29, 2012

Well overdue catchup!

Well it has definitely been a minute since I've said anything here. My apologies...again. Let me do a really brief catch up.

Stomach issues

you may wish to reread my last entry to even remember what I'm talking about. The stomach pains I'd been experiencing were horrific! There was NOwhere I could go or be and stay relaxed... not even my own home. The bathroom route had to be clear and near. This pain is similar to menstrual cramps but they're not in my pelvic area... I would have to say they're more behind it... even above it. ugh! my entire stomach is and has been in turmoil for far too long. My regime of Tums, Metamucile, and some antacid prescribed by my oncologist are NOT working! Not even the slightest bit.

A.D. has been on my case about this. He see's how much discomfort I'm in and want me to be better. He's positive it's from the combination of Tomoxifen and Lupron.

Lupron injection time

So I get this Lupron injection in my right upper butt-cheek every 3 months. No biggie but it burns like a MUGG!!! Of course I explain to Dr. S again about my stomach and A.D.'s concerns of it it being related to my meds. Reassuringly, he tells me it most likely not and should continue with my course of treatment.
Anniversary weekend

Instead of bahooing and having a melt down like a 2 year old(remember... from having my hair cut) A.D. and I went to Callaway Gardens for the weekend. It was a great change of pace. No doctors, no
appointments, no real medical intrusion. NICE! except my stomach is still acting like a bitch. We tried to go out several times to enjoy the weekend but due to my sensitivity to the sun and my stomach we mostly stayed in the room.

We ventured out to dinner one evening and during our meal A.D. asks me how I plan to handle this condition. He knows Dr. S wants to send me to a gastroenterologist but is certain my problems stem from Lupron and Tomofen. "If they can find a way to manage these symptoms, great... cause I can't do this for the 3-5... I'm gotta take these meds." This statement was the beginning to a whole new argument. Just about all weekend we bickered about my meds and me possibly allowing this new doctor to try and manage my symptoms. It got to a point that he told me he would not nor wanted to be present, physically or via the cell, at my next oncology appointment. WHAT!!!! I didn't know if I was to cry or scream. He's been my guide and pilot this entire journey... now he's want me to glide on my own. wow! All this cause he disagreed with my oncologist, nor believed that I needed this gastro appt, and his certainty he knew it was my life prolonging meds. I was silent the rest of the day, and the day after, and the day after that. That's my self defense mechanism...silence! T All week I .... actually .... was a bit scared. What if they give me more unfortunate news...I will be alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment