Monday, June 13, 2011

Death of a Chocolate Chip

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well... yes, I am as well but I will quickly fill you in on what's the latest. It's not toooo major yet something to deal with over time.

Today is Monday June13, 2011. Since last week Wednesday I vaguely suspected an infection in my left breast, by Friday I was pretty certain. Ugh! this thing started smelling like an old wound. It started very subtle but was an uncomfortable stench on Friday. Luckily we have this Kangen water system; yup I truly believe in this thing; that allowed us to make a low 2.5 ph water. At this ph level, bacteria can not live. So I've been wrapping my boob up with a towel soaked in this stuff. Guess what??!! it helped reduce to open area around the areola as well as the stench.

Though there was significant improvement in the breast since Friday, I still made it a point to go see my surgeon Monday morning. I won't be long with this story. During the exam I explained the situation and she concluded that I have a case of Necrosis, premature death of cells, limited to the areola. Now, it's a waiting game. Wait for the dead tissue to fall off, wait to see if the color comes back, and wait to see if I get sensation back in the nipple. If the color doesn't return, she said it may take up to a year, she'll send me to have a medical tat done. Interesting! There is nothing they can do about the loss of sensation, we just hope that the nerves will reconnect and do what they are supposed to do. We'll see.

(sad violin music)

Now my "chocolate chip" is dead, may it now rest in peace. Oh, how I will miss it's presence and it love for.... love. ;) I look to the future now when it's progeny appear will be revealed. I promise to love and care for it, no matter how different you two are. Thank you for sticking with me for 35 years.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment