Friday, June 10, 2011

Post Op & It's a Wrap

Well it's been 1 month since my last surgery. My hand is great, just a little numb in the thumb. :) By the way, I don't think I really explained what that was about. There were 2 benign cysts in my right hand; 1 on top of my wrist and the other in my thumb joint; that were removed. Noo biggie.

The team is looking really good too. Though the areola on the left, radiation treated side, resembles a burnt chip. Right now it's my "chocolate chip diskette... that's just what it looks like to me. Dr. F. feels that it will heal over time and that I may get more feeling back in it. They both still have some healing to do but I'll loving their more youthful appearance. Both A.D. and I were pleased the first time I removed the granny support bra and put on a tank. Victoria and it's other secrets are still on hold. While I have graduated from the granny support medical bra, I still can not wear a regular one... just a sport for now.

Still very limited on activity. The body has to heal completely before I can get back into some kinda groove. At this point my body is saying WHATEVAaa! Things have gotten flabby, dimply, and a tad bit jiggly. ugh! It'll be like starting from scratch when I finally get to pick up a wight, do some P90x, Jillian Michaels, or even (dreaded)jog. I especially miss martial art training with my adult students. The crew we have is like an extended family. They have been crazy supportive and I thank them for that. LUV YOU GUYS!!!!! :)

It's a Wrap

Wow! the time has come for me to say goodbye to all I.V. treatments. Yes, Friday June 3, 2011, I received my LAST Herceptin. What a milestone. All that's left are a daily pill [Tamoxifen]that I'll be on for the next 5 years, a [Lupron]shot in the hip every 3 months for the next 3 yrs, blood workups and some scans for the next 5. NOT bad. Oh, and 1 other very small surgery to remove my port... whenever that may be. Dr. S. has already requested I keep it until after my PET scan, but the ladies in the cancer center informed me they may ask I keep it for up to a year. hhhmmm.... interesting. I'll keep you posted.

The blog posts will slow down now, as they already have, since there isn't anything much going on at this point. Thank you all for your support, encouragement, cards, calls, texts, e mails, and visits along this journey. Each of you hold a special place in my heart that I will cherish for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment