Saturday, June 5, 2010

Some Good News

OK... as you guys know I go to Dekalb Medical every week for treatment. Let me clarify this. Every week they treat me with a drug called Herceptin. It's main focus is to target the specific gene of the tumor I have, HER2. Every 3rd week that I'm there I get my chemo treatments in addition to Herceptin. Trust me, all of em suck but hey, gotta get rid of this tumor. Which brings me to some good new I want to share with you.

Good News

Before my treatment yesterday, I saw my doctor just to discuss my side effects and what to do about them. cool. Then he does an exam and confirms what I thought was happening. THE TUMOR IS SHRINKING!!!! :) YYYEEEAAAA!!!! He doesn't believe it's solid anymore either, meaning the sucka is breaking down. LOL! This is just after 1 chemo and 3 Herceptin treatments. LOL! I'm sssooo Freakn happy. Unfortunately, that doesn't decrease the treatment course I'm on so still got a way to walk on this path.

Not So Good News

OK. I knew this was a possibility but I was praying I would be one of those exceptions. Maybe I still will be. BUT! As I did my hair this morning 06/05/10, I noticed some strands of hair in my iron. Strands that were wrapped around it, it a flat iron, not broken strands. I've already cut my hair to prayerfully make it less traumatic if I do loose it BUT not sure how I'm really gonna feel bout it. Keep praying y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad to hear that it's shrinking. Especially so soon. Yay! I am sorry to hear about your hair though. That really stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief!!

    I told you that Herceptin is like the miracle drug for Breast Cancer and that you are gonna pull through this! I'm sure of it.

    You keep your spirits up, keep your head in the game and keep up the good fight. You're a champ!

    Oh an on the hair. shoot... I know it's a sensitive topic for you, and most women. But, heck, short hair girls is sexy IMHO. Seriously. You can rock it. :)

    I'm just catchin' up on your blog now, but I am gonna start following it for sure.

    ReplyDelete