Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Port placement

Hey guys, thanks again for checking in. WOW! what would I do without all this support, I truly appreciate it. Love Y'all! :)

OK, Remember I had explained what a port was; check the 05/14/10 post if you missed it. Well, I got one on Monday, May 24. Got to Dekalb Medical at 6:30 a.m. did all the pre-op stuff and waited.... and waited... and waited. LOL! some people DO know time. Anyway, when I finally got to go to the back, the nurse that registered me several months ago for my Achillies tendon repair was here to register me again. She was so excited by the recognition it was kinda funny, BUT made me realize I was at that hospital tooo much.

Pre-op

Everything went well. Met the nurses involved, the anesthesiologist, and my surgeon and her assistant( the same one that did my biopsy)came in to let me know exactly what was going to be done. After that, it was pretty quiet for a little while so A.D. and I watched T.V. and waited while the nurses placed my I.V. line and took blood. Nothing gets done on me without check my blood count first. WOW!

Post-op
OMG! first thing I had to do was pee, they push a LOT of fluids though you for this one. The nurse for some reason found me comical. I just had to go. Then it was just waiting for the body and mind to wake up enough and go home. I know there was a lot on in/ out traffic but A.D. dealt with that stuff, the discharge, at home care, and whatever else they talked about. IDK

Home
I went trait to bed,... well after looking at the work they did. :) I have a lump in my upper right side of the check that is now the home of my port. It was swollen and sure to be bruised up later. For what I can remember, I just chilled for the rest of the evening.

2 days later- 05/26/10
Still a bit sore and tender from the surgery but I fell much better. Not in a fog anymore and able to move my right arm better. Still not ready to pick up any heavy objects, do C.K.D., or any major movements. Other than that, I think I'm a o.k. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment