Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quicky with the Surgeon

Nothing funny here, this really was just a run in to see the surgeon and leave. I didn't have an appointment so I had to wait a bit this time. UGH! Today this kids are with me; schools are closed for Election Day. The nurse offered to put something on for them while I went to the back. "Great" I said cause CNN is not going to keep their attention. LOL!

Patient Room

You guys have been here so many times with me so I know you know the first the to go down. LOL! Yup, take off everything up top and put on the paper shirt. :)

Waiting, Waiting, waiting, waiting. so I went ahead and whipped out my Droid... played some games, looked at FB, checked some profiles, read e-mails, and even made a call. I wasn't going to be able to make it to my 2:30 class. The nurse stuck her head in to reassure me the kids were fine and the doctor was on her way. No Problem.


Finally she comes in apologetic for the delay. It was really no biggie to me other than missing my class. The nurse preps the needles, betadine, syringe, and bandage, and the doc does a quick exam of the fluid build up. She does a brainstorm of how often it seems I need to be drained, then start on me about exercising. For the first time in my life I've had a doctor require me to STOP working out. For some this would be a no big deal but for me it was. Since the ruptured Achilles last year to now, I've had to drastically reduce my workout and training regiment. Now, I have to stop completely. Outstanding! :( Well, at least it's temporary; just until my lymphatic system clamps back down.

As she's working I asked her about her response to my pathology. She confirmed that my results are highly unusual... NOT due to the fact that there was a second cancer present but the cells for both cancers were dead. "That is not something we see at all, that is unusual but amazing just the same. Guess the combination of drugs selected for you were the the best and did what they are to do. And you have such a positive attitude that helped you achieve such results....." I told her I thought it could be attributed to the Kangen water. She didn't knock it. Long story short, she would need the science behind it. :-) If anything more than that comes of that I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. That stinks that you have to totally stop working out, but the way you are rocking this thing, it'll be no time before you can get back to it!

    And way to kick those cancer cells behinds! WAHOO!!! What is Kangen water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, but I think I can start back soon, no more fluid build up.

    Kangen water is oxidized, anti-oxidant, alkaline, mineral charged, micro clustered water. Whew! that was a lot. LOL! Check out the site www.enagic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! breast surgeon

    ReplyDelete