Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What's Happening Now 2

Week 2 of radiation is complete. This Tuesday though, they took additional pics to make sure everything was still the same or better. Some small adjustments were made since I HAD lost a few pounds. UGH! I think I've gotten them back now though. LOL! After treatment, I took the pics to my doctor right upstairs. There he did another quick exam and I was finally out.

Friday

Again, after radiation I had to go see my other doctor... my oncologist this time. We went over my pathology reports again and he too was just as please as my surgeon with the results. Yea, I know... I got quiet a few doctors... just for now. He had said a while ago that I could take a break from my Herceptin but I decided to go ahead and keep it just about on track and did my infusion. I forgot how wiped out I feel after this one. WOW! So I just went home to bed.

Saturday

Went in to radiation 6 times this week. They didn't want us;me and the other patients; to fall too far behind on treatments due to the holidays, so they had us come in on Saturday. Nooo biggie! I will say though, I found out I was a favorite of one of the other ladies. Got no idea what makes me her favorite but I am she says. Maybe it's our common vanity. LOL! I don't know.

My Changes

Needless to say, I have experienced some changes in my body during this whole ordeal. The left side of "the team" is smaller and darker than the other. It also feels like a pregnant belly. lol. I kid you not! The lower side of it is just like feeling a firmness of a baby's back and the upper side is like where the limbs would be... softer and have some give to it. LOL! I hope that wasn't too much information for you all. Let's top it off... How about Penelope showed up again! I was so not looking for "it" anytime soon but "it" showed up. I surely enjoyed it during "it's" hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment