Saturday, January 29, 2011

Phenomenal Woman- That's Her

Another's Story

I found myself in a somber mood after learning some heartbreaking news. The wife of a friend of ours isn't doing well. Well, I don't know them well at all but we double dated once a while ago. I remember them to be a nice couple that gave good conversation. Anyway, they have been very supportive to us during my course of treatment as we have to them. See, the wife is fighting cancer ... and has been for about the past 4 or 5 years! Yea, she been in this battle for a looong time... and like most patients with this condition, wants it to be over. She has been an absolute trooper! However, her doctors slammed them with even more devastating news on a recent appointment. UHG! Her body is no longer responding to Chemo treatments, as a matter of fact... her cancer has spread. My heart broke for her and her family. I'm not sure what stage she is now but I know she was once treated for brain and I THINK lung cancer. They are supposed to be coming by our house on Saturday to get some Kangen Water, and I hope to get a better understanding of her position.

I just as that you all pray for this family. They are the Howard family. I believe them to be in their early to mid 40's with a young son... but that doesn't matter. They don't deserve this.

I'll be walking in the 2011 Susan G. Koman 3 day. This is a little heads up...I will be sending out requests monitory donations. Please help me reach my goal. Please don't ignore my e-mail... that will make me have to call y'all. LOL!


Love, Peace, and Happiness.

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment