Sunday, January 30, 2011

What!

As you guys know, I still get an infusion every 3 weeks. This past Friday I went in for that. They did all the norm stuff.... stuck a needle in my port, flushed it, took blood, hooked up a catheter.... blah blah blah. No biggie. My nurse even showed my that my blood work was good. So why when I asked her for the results from an echocardiogram I had done the week before, everything changes. While it's still good, according to these results my heart function has dropped. Previous results had my heart function at 75%; which is an excellent reading, is now 65%. Nope! there isn't a human heart the works at 100%. In order to clarify what is really going on they have ordered additional test for me. This one is called a Muga scan. I want nor need anymore drama!

From my research, I understand that in order to perform this Muga scan they will inject a low-level radioactive substance into my bloodstream and then take pics of the heart with a special camera called a Gamma Camera. From these pics they can determine if a patient has had a heart attack; I know that didn't happen to me; or has heart damage.

Right now I'm waiting for the hospital to call and set that appointment. For the time being my oncology team has postponed my next Herceptin for an additional week. If anything, they believe that could be the cause of he decrease... If that is really what's happening. There are variables that my affect the results so I guess they will wait for the Muga results. Not sure what exactly that means for the remainder of my treatment but I will certainly keep you informed.

Healing


Hey , "the left side of the team" is almost back to it's original color. :D Almost looking normal. So I decide to wear one of my previous bras the other day. I thought I was ready but I guess not quiet. My left boob was soooo deformed and indented when I took that damn bra off. The damaged tissue had been misplaced, but popped back by morning. Per my surgeon "most of the damaged tissue will be addressed when I get my mastopexy"... "a lift."


Hair

It's coming in nicely. Still fine like baby hair but a kinda unruly. You know when you take a knitted hat off a baby and their hair sticks out everywhere and goes in all sorts of directions... well that's how I wake up looking every morning. Doesn't take much to care for it though, a little water and a brush. Not like my permed hair. LOL!

The other day at Whole Foods, a lady complemented me on it. "oohhh, miss... your hair is so cuute." I turned to check an see who she was referring to. "Excuse me" I say. She repeats and the gestures to my head. "Thanks" I say and leave it at that. Not that I had any intention of sharing my story with this woman but all sorts of stupid shit kinda ran through me head. Like, "thanks"; "woman, you have no clue"; "do you want to go through what I did to get this hair?"; "Mel, just take the complement... she just likes your hair... it is cute." I stuck with the last one. :) Don't get me wrong, I wasn't upset with her for saying anything... My mind just went on a mini rampage.


Well gonna end here. Hubby is tryna sleep and he said it sounds like I'm typing a never ending story. LOL! uhh....he pulled his pillow over his head.

Good night :D

No comments:

Post a Comment