Saturday, February 12, 2011

I really should have listened

A couple of weeks ago A.D. and I had a meeting at a potential location for our M.A. school. It went well and faster than we anticipated. On the way home, I had this urge to go out and see a friend of mine play some music at a downtown night social. :) The kids were with their grandparents and we really had nothing to do. We toiled the idea of going but decided we were both tired, so we headed home, had some leftovers, popped in a DVD and had a nice quiet evening.

Next morning while cruising Facebook.... as usual :D, I saw a post from that friend I wanted to see play. He was sending out his reminder that he was playing at a particular venue and the show was dedicated to his late grandmother. Breast Cancer had claimed her life early 2010. My heart dropped. I hated that I didn't make it out. I felt that actually showing up on such a day would have been some kinda special. So sorry I missed it. Shoulda listened to my gut feelings.

Just in case you missed it, this was the friend who had invited me to speak at his performance intermission back in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment