Friday, February 11, 2011

February Update

Several weeks have passed and I have a bit to share with you. First let me fill you in on that friend I told you about that has been fighting Cancer for a year.

They didn't make it over that weekend cause she wasn't feeling well. I learned that while chemo is no longer working for her they are still treating her with something. Whatever they're giving her had her glued to her bed for the week. Her husband did make it by to get the water for her though. He's adamant they both feel it's benefits. Glad to hear that and I pray she pulls though this.


As for me, well all is well for the most part. Still waiting for this test ordered from my doctor called a Muga Scan. I was actually scheduled to have it done today but my insurance company denied my doctors request. Let me explain why. Dr. S. ordered the test cause my last echo showed a possible change in heart function. The medication they still give me actually can cause heart damage so he has to look closer as of to why there is a change. Based on what they find, they may have to either slow down or stop that medication. NOW, understand that despite the change in echo results, my reading is still that of a healthy heart. The insurance company sees that as a healthy heart and a patient too young to have heart trauma. Guess they want to wait till it gets really destroyed before approving it. Insurance companies!!! Dr. S has filed an appeal, so I just need to wait for the approval and go get the test done.

This pass Wednesday I had an appointment with the cosmetic surgeon. :D She was ever so pleased to see how well my skin has healed. "If I didn't know your condition and all you've been through, I would have thought this little discoloration was a birthmark... I'm really impressed." Love it. So my next thought was "when can we do surgery cause I wanna be ready by spring." After little discussion we decided on May 9th. A little longer than I wanted but I figured it best this way as well. Dr. F. pushed it back cause she is expecting... she's due late March. :) So, while she can do the surgery now, she doesn't want anyone else taking care of me while she on maternity leave. In essence, we just have to wait for her little one. I'm cool with that.

I've been trying to decide what to do with my hair. Should I keep it short short or let it grow out? The hard thing about letting it grow out is that in between stage. where I am. LOL! So, I let A.D. go ahead a cut it for me. Yea, I warned him to not "F" it up since I'm keeping some this time. :) Now he wants to taper the back so it won't look like I have a shag. It's getting curly and I had hoped the cut would lay it down. No such luck... shagging it. LOL! Sie, my daughter, says to me "I like your haircut mommy but don't cut it again. You need to let it grow so you can have long hair like me."
Gotta love the little ones honesty.

That's it for now. I promise no long hiatus for the next one. :D Until then...



Live, Laugh, Love!

Mel



p.s. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment