Monday, March 21, 2011

Friday March 18th

I was feeling pretty good about my appointment today. A.D. and I had a discussion the night before about Lupron and decided to give it a try. We'd see how the side effect went and stop if necessary. Before my Herceptin IV, I met with Dr. S. humph... We went over in detail Lupron, it's effects and A.D.'s concerns. We even discussed the potential loss of sex drive. Dr.S. explains that all the meds he's prescribed for me has that potential effect, so that risk is no NOo greater now than when on chemo.

Next, he looks up the results from the last echo. Remember, I get them every 6 weeks now as opposed to every 3 months. While the results still show a healthy heart, my heart function percentage is still falling. Now we're down to 60%. :( This warranted Dr.S. to refer me to a cardiologist and move my already expedited echo's to every 4 weeks. Though precautions are being taken, I feel confident I will persevere. This is just another hiccup. The cardiologist will also perform the next echo in his office and is the one that has read all previous scans. That appointment is set for the 30th. I'll keep you updated.

Just me

What can I say... besides a bit tired, I feel pretty good. Started taking a daily multiple again to help boost my energy level but it hasn't really kicked in yet. Can't believe it's almost 11 pm and I'm here blogging. AmAzzing! I've actually contemplated wearing my Robo cop boot again. At times I think the achilles on the other leg feels tender. Not sure if I'm more aware of any simple pains or what. IDK... but... I really don't want to hurt anymore. Enough is Enough. Anyway, I pray this post makes sense cause I'm tired as ever and didn't prove read it. LOL!


Peace and Love

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment