Thursday, March 31, 2011

Visit to the Surgeon

I rose that morning with great apprehension. Wasn't sure what to expect.

A couple days ago I had to go to the Hillindale branch to get copies of my mammogram films. LOL! didn't know they still had those things around...and still in use. Of course we all;my mom,A.D., and his mom; examined them.

There it is. That cloudy...ginger shaped... mass in my breast. A piece of ginger root is what came to mind when I examined the film. Can't they just take it out. UGH! Maybe that's what Dr.Q. will do. idk

I made my way to Dekalb Medical's main campus and up to Dr. Q's office. A nurse takes me to the back, takes my vitals, asks 10 million questions including the film I brought. She scans through them, holding each up to the light. Pretty expressionless so I had a hard time getting some kind of vibe.

"It's pretty small huh?" I asked. Just to get something outta her. "Yea, it's not that big but the doctor will talk to you more when he comes in."

Long story short. The doctor comes in, does a breast and axillary exam, takes measurements, looks at the film, and request a biopsy be done. That word jolted me a bit. They were gonna cut me to take tissue out. OUCH!

That Friday, for some reason I realized I hadn't verified if Dr. Q was in my insurance network. Investigation showed he wasn't the scramble was on to find another surgeon. I found Dr. R.

She repeats the same steps at Dr. Q and agrees that a biopsy is to be done. Her staff got that set up to be done a couple weeks later in that office. A lot had already occurred but the entanglement begins with my next appointment.

Next post "Biopsy #1"

No comments:

Post a Comment