Saturday, May 8, 2010

04/07/10

I have been waiting for this day for a week now. This day I get the results of all the tests I have been taking... well most of them, I know one isn't ready yet but I ain't worried bout it. My mother and husband accompanied me on this visit. Unlike the other results visit (the one where I was actually told I had Cancer) I was calm and much more relaxed. Y'all, I was almost a mess last time cause I knew what they were about to tell me wasn't good, I just knew it.

In the room w/ Dr.S.

First let me tell you Dr. S. is a kinda quirky Indian guy that kinda resembles Mr.Bean. NO! I'm not making fun of him... just tryna give y'all an idea of what he looks like. Shoot, he's taking care of me now.

He pulls up my profile on his office p.c. and starts reading my results. Long story short... My heart is good, the MRI is clear, the Pet Scan was good even though there are traces. The only result left to get now is the Genetics. See, they are tying to figure out how and why I have this disease... there is no logical explanation. No family history, I'm too young :D(under 40), I'm active, don't abuse alcohol, don't smoke, and I eat pretty healthy.

Anyway, he goes on to explain the therapy. Chemo will start soon and will be either every other week or 3rd week. Most likely by the second session I may start loosing my hair. I am sooo NOT ready for that. Now y'all know I'm not stuck up or anything like that but but I love MY hair. Growing up, I've always had girls ask me "is that your real hair, is it all yours, is that a wig" and I've always took that as a compliment that my hair just simply looked good. UGH! So not ready! He also wants me to participate in a clinical trial. The drug isn't new for Chemo patients but the way it is given is where the trial is, at least so I understand. I will continue on this drug for a year. It is supposed to track the Her2 cancer cells and destroy them before any other cysts/tumors are formed. After Chemo, witch will take about 5- 6 months I guess, I will be starting another drug called Tamoxifn. This one has one possible GOOD benefit, it sends me into early menopause so my guess is that means I will no longer be visited my "Penelope" (.) LOL! Ok. so there may be hair loss and early menopause, then he explains that after chemo, I'll go back to the surgeon to have whatever of the lump removed or a mastectomy. WTF! are you serious. Of- course I'm ok with the lumpectomy but not the mastectomy. C'mon, is he serious... I don't think so...!!!! NO WAY!!! NOT HEARING HIM THERE!!! Even after that I will need to go to radiation therapy. Though tremendous improvements have been made in cancer research and treatment, it's still a lot to go through.

Please, support Breast Cancer research in anyway you can. You never know who it may affect... your mom, sister, cousin, aunt, wife.

Be Blessed

3 comments:

  1. thanks you all for your support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see Mr. Bean in Dr. S. Not sure who to compare him to but I won't talk about him since he is the one assisting in restoring your health. You forgot to add something to the post. You said they found traces of something but you didn't put what the traces are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry guys... traces of arthritis. NNNOOO I'm not getting O_D! just... just... things are jus happening... that's all. :)

    ReplyDelete