Friday, May 21, 2010

First day on Chemo

Okay. so I've been wondering what this would be like. For some Chemo, is a concoction of pills,for others it's an I.V. cocktail. Me... I got the I.V. cocktail. So, we start out as usual with the lab work. Taking of the vital signs, blood, and this time she started and I.V. line.

In Treatment Room

They have these nice cumphy Lazy Boy recliners. So I took my seat and waited while the nurse put my cocktail together in the mixing room. LOL! No lie y'all they got a mixing room. She them comes out with what's called Pre-meds. A mix of stuff to prevents the nausea, and some other side effects of the meds and Benydryl. Mom's y'all know what Benadryl does to the body, yea... despite my hunger I had no choice but to take a nap. I felt like a little kid at the dinner table, I'm hungry and really want to eat this food but DAMN!!! I'm falling asleep and can't help it. LOL! Other than that the treatment was pretty okay. Just sit there and let the stuff drip into your veins, watch T.V. read,go to the restroom, and listen to the other patients snore. LOL! They can't help it.

After Treatment

Maaaann, I'm was a bit tired, slightly head achy, and had this unusual metallic taste in the back of my throat. All I really wanted to do was go home and lay down. BUT!!!! I had one graduation program to get through. Y'all know I love Choi Kwang Do and my students, so I was not going to stand them up. Even if A.D. had to go without me, C.K.D. would represent. I made it to the program and stayed just long enough for my student to do they're thing, and yea, they did an awesome job. Now, finally back home, in bed, did my Cafe world, Blog and now sleep.

Nitey nite :) love y'all that thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR FAMLIY.LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO.I WILL ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU AND FAMLIY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yolanda, I am very appreciative for the offer. You are already doing so much for me and my family by having us in your prayers. Thank you so soo very much. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete