Sunday, September 12, 2010

Last Chemo 09/03/10

Excited this morning but.... hhmmmm, still reluctant. I'm sure you can somewhat relate. It's that bonus that's you're expecting but you still gotta do a job you dislike, that new car you got but damn sure don't want the payment, that slice of Red Velvet with a ton of calories, it's NOT wanting to get up Saturday morning to let the dog out but you know if you don't.... well, you know they may leave a package for you. So you feel me; I'm glad this day is finally here but shit!... I'm tired of the needled, the nausea, the loss of appetite, the loss of time with my family, and surely tired of being tired. Literally!

At the Office


Ms. M already started with the "congratulations, you made it" as I stuck my head from behind the door. Alright! I can't deny it, it felt good to reach this stage of treatment. My last infusion of Taxotere, Carboplatin,Herceptin,Decadron and pre-meds. OH how much I will NOT miss thee.


While I was waiting for A.D. to bring me some breakfast, another patient comes in and plops himself next to me and the lady that accompanied him sat at the table. I was kinda annoyed but oh well. Guess A.D. ain't the patient,... this guy is. My last treatment my husband will have to sit at the table and not be at my side. humph! iight. So I simply smile and put on my nice face for him. :)

This guys turns out to be a sweetheart. The lab nurses had a difficult time locating a good vein in him so it was up to our charge nurse to handle it. While he waited, he decided to strike up a little conversation with me. "I ain't never been sick before, and don't know why I'm here" was his claim. I remembered, even though I was getting a groggy from my meds. "I think I'm leaving, bout to get outta here" was his next claim but I said to him how will you get better if you leave. Just as I said that to him, the lady he came with said "you betta keep planted in that chair" and I couldn't help but chuckle. He scooted back so fast he reminded me of a that got busted tryna break loose. LOL! He soon realized I was falling asleep and let me be.

Our nurse came out with her cart full of needles. OMG! My new friend cringed like a little kid. Needless to say, I couldn't fall asleep on him now. What a struggle for me at that point. You know what a teaspoon on Benadryl does to a kid, I get a bag full. I tried my best to calm him down with small talk but the minute he felt the prick of the needle, our conversation was null. After all that drama, he still wasn't able to get treated cause his veins wouldn't accept a needle.

In the patient room with the doctor

All went well with my treatment today. I'm tired and ready to go home but first, I gotta visit my doctor. I think we just talked about about the next steps of treatment. I was to schedule to see the surgeon again, the same one that placed my port, to determine how invasive of a surgery would be done.

That appointment is scheduled for September 22,2010. I'll keep you guys informed.

Peace and Love :)

1 comment: