Thursday, September 2, 2010

OMG! where have you been?

Hey guys, I am sooooo sorry I have NOT been keeping you posted. Most of you all have either called me or text me, or just straight showed up at my door. :)

Well,for those who don't know, here is a quick fill in.

Chemo #4


It went just as well as the others. I get tired as crap for the first 4-5 days after. This particular Friday though, my lab nurse informed me I had a temp of 99.8. Funny, I felt fine. My doctor then put my on some antibiotics and said I should be ok. All I had to do is take the pills and wear one of those surgical masks. OUTSTANDING! Of course, since I didn't feel sick, I didn't take the antibiotics as told. When I got home, I took my temp again and it said 97.8... so that's good... right? So, I called them up and told them just that. :D ThEEeey agreed that I didn't have to take the pills. Y'all!... that evening... my body turned on me. The fever was on me like nobody's business so I had to oblige and take the antibiotics.

Saturday morning


Today we are were celebrating Trey's 11th birthday. He's finally getting that pool party he's always wanted. Only thing is that this fever just about has me immobile. Long Story short. I had to end up calling my doctor that afternoon cause it wouldn't break and I felt like crap. OH! did I mention that I had a smoothie the night before that accidentally had too much wheat grass in it. hhmmm never again will I make that mistake. :D To my delight my doctor was on call and had me double up on the antibiotics and take some Tylenol, temp was was 102.8. By chance this concoction didn't succeed, "you're going to have to be admitted to the hospital." It worked :) Unfortunately, I still missed my son's party. :(

My Birthday- 1 day After Chemo #5

Never thought I would be celebrating my birthday with Cancer. Nonetheless, I am. Usually I'm pretty tired but I'm determined to make this day work for all of us. My mom had a BBQ at her place for me. For whatever reason, I decided to shower over there. idk. Today's outfit are some black Dereon jeans with my pink Rocawear shirt and my B.C. flip flops. NOT BAD for a 35 yr old. :) So why the heck was I in tears a few moments later. I cried my eyes out cause Chemo stolen half of each of my eyebrows and even more lashes... and it happened like overnight. Promise! they were fine the day before. One after the other, Chemo continues to steel from me. UGH! HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT! My sister came soon after and said "girl, we just gone do some fake lashes and draw some cute brows." Cool... BUT THEY AIN'T F'ING MINE!!!! After my little melt down, I went downstairs to enjoy my day. Chilled in a spot mom reserved for me, played a little Band Hero, and even ate a little something.

No comments:

Post a Comment