Saturday, September 4, 2010

Realization 09/02/10

Ok, So I've got this one last Chemo tomorrow. Yea, I'm so looking forward to it... for the most part at least.

While taking my shower I realized that this is be the end of so much drama for me.

No more
-Cancer
-sickness/ nausea
- tiredness from nothing/ no activity
-chemo darkened fingernails, tongue, and skin
-body aches
-unwanted bald head. Though I did like jumping in the shower w/o a cap and not worry about getting my hair wet.
-missing brows and lashes. I swear I was looking like a Hershey's drop with eyes. LOL!
-dryness. Skin, mouth, and girlfriend places. Yup! Chemo gets it all.
-loss of appetite. The easiest thing for me to digest was fish tea (Jamaican brew).

Don't get me wrong, all of it wasn't bad.

I do like
- Having my tumor shrunk
- NOT getting my monthly visits from Penelope. what girl wouldn't
- not shaving ANYTHING! Everything was as soft as a baby's boody. LOL!
-having stronger nails

This whole venture has also given me a greater perspective on life. I thought about what and who is truly important to me. It let me open up for forgiving,... NEVER forgetting the wrongs of my life. Life is great! and I want all the good it has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment