Friday, December 17, 2010

About 2 Weeks of Radiation Left

December 13

Yup... Ms. G got whipped up from her chemo over the weekend. LOL... Cancer/ Chemo is a bitch! I feel for her though, she has chemo weekly. I remember recover well, it takes about that long to get over it so by the time she probably starts feeling better it's literally time for another.

December 14th

Got some new lines and stickers this morning from my radiation doctor. He said they will now concentrate on the area where the tumor was located, the incision line and about 2 inches around it. "If the tumor reappears, it's most likely to be within 2 inches of the original tumor," he says.

December 15th


I alerted the techs that Dr. H. had given me new stickers and lines and they immediately knew what I meant. This team really knows how to work together. :) Once on the table they told me they would also take some pics. No big deal,... they take new pics every week. These pics though would concentrate on the newly outlined area only as would any radiation after today. Pics normally take an additional minute or so.... so why in the world did it take about 35 minutes this morning?! I made sure not to do too much unnecessary movements nor take deep breaths. Each tech took turns coming in the room with me to adjust the table, make new marks, and call to the other to do something. 35 MINUTES! by the time they told me I could move my arm down I was too numb to do it on my own. Oh, guess it might help if I described to you my position on the table huh?

Table position

I lay on my back in my custom made body cast with my head turned to the right. My left arm raised above my head; kinda in that old school "I'm gonna faint" position; and gown off the left shoulder exposing my underarm and breast.

They said for some reason the machine wouldn't take clear pics of me so they had to keep doing them over. On my way back to the dressing room, I had everyone asking if I was taking Glamor shots pictures and all sorts of stuff like that. LOL! "sorry everyone, but it wasn't my fault."

Well not too much of this left and I'm excited. Though the hospital isn't far from me it kills my $3.00 a gallon gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment