Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Last Radiation

Finally! Today is it! December 27,2010, My last day of radiation. I'm so happy... so is my gas tank/ purse. Here's a little story for you.

Prior to Christmas I got a card from someone in Loganville. My husband and I relentlessly tried to figure out who the heck was sending "me" a card, from Loganville, the person didn't put their name above the return address. I carefully opened the envelope, heck I didn't know who it was either. Anyway, inside was a little handwritten note, 3 Season's Greetings scratch-offs, and a QT gas card. When I finally saw the name on the back of the card I still couldn't figure out who in the world it was, then it finally hit me. Remember I told you about "Cleaning for a Purpose," (check my previous post) well it was from the cleaning lady that had come by. OMG! I thought that was ever so thoughtful of her and very much appreciated.

Back to my last day. The routine was the same but everyone was excited for me. Before they started, one tech noticed how much my skin under my arm had opened up. She said if this had happened earlier in the process we would have had to stop and take a break... BUT since that area isn't being radiated anymore we can go forward and be done. Once off the table, Ms. W. gave a huge hug and told me what a wonderful patient I was and I had a wonderful fam. Though she's Asian, I think she had a thing for my husband. LOL! I ain't mad. Outside the room, I got well wishes from the other 2 techs... Mr. R reminds me of my homie Dwan B., and Ms. T... she's a sweetheart. Before leaving I saw the doctor on-call and filled out a survey. This doctor did mention to me that within 2 weeks I should gain my energy back...didn't realize it was missing... LOL! well that's the excuse I'm using for now to not put a little umph into getting a workout done.

ALL DONE! :D



December 28th


I've been on cloud 9 since yesterday. In the shower I had the privilege of removing all those stickers from my chest. Since they had been there so long, they left my chest with areas resembling crop circles...brown ones! obviously. :) Now my skin has to heal, I understand it will take maybe a couple of weeks for the burns to heal and maybe a few months for the skin to turn back to it's natural color. There is also some tingling/ itching near my incisions. I know all to well what that means. The nerves are finally repairing themselves... I remember from last year when I ruptured my Achilles Tendon, so I'm anticipating having more feeling back pretty soon.

Next week I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon. Juuusst seeing what my options are. But as usual, I'll keep you posted.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment