Saturday, December 18, 2010

Growing Up

Coming here every day is no big thing, but today I realized I'm a senior at this. It's Thursday December 9,2010. A new patient arrived today. An older white lady, I would guess her to be in her 60's. She seemed a bit shy, kinda to herself as she came around the corner to the changing/ patient waiting room. Then she asked "is this where we change and wait for radiation? There was no one up front so I'm not sure what to do.... it's my first day." Since I was closest to the changing rooms I answered. I gave her the routine that even you guys know well by now. LOL! In our conversation, I learned today was not only her; I'll refer to her as Ms.G; first radiation but also her first chemo. Ugh! I kinda disliked her asking so many questions about chemo and it's side effects... NOT that I mind telling her about mine... I didn't want to scare her. Chemo reacts differently for every patient. Nonetheless, I told her the truth about what I experienced and so did my "other new friend." I wished her the best on my way out and shared one little piece of advise... "bring your own blanket for chemo. Sometimes the office runs out and it's just comforting to have your own, you'll be there for about 4-5 hours." :)


December 10,2010


I'm second for radiation this morning. Ms. G came in shortly after and seems a little more relaxed. humph! relaxed or whipped up from those drugs. She greets me warmly and I must admit.... I was surprised she remembered my name and used it so comfortably. After she got changed, she sat next to me and admitted she was a bit tired from her first treatments. Otherwise, all went well for her. So glad to hear that... but I'll see what she says on Monday. I got sick 2 days after chemo, let's see how she does.




Peace and Love,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment