Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update 3

Hey guys,

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I have given you an update. Radiation is pretty repetitious so there really isn't much to tell about it. One side effect that I happen to notice just this evening was some breakage in the skin. :( These two little spots resemble broken skin when you scratch your skin too hard. I've been applying a prescribed topical ointments and aloe vera gel to assist and/ or prevent any additional irritation. Think I got about 2 more weeks of this and I'll be done. Not sure what they have planned for me after that... but I think my Oncologist mentioned something like doing another PET scan to make sure everything is gone.

Hair

My hair is getting longer. :) Nope... nooowhere like it was before but... I can just about pinch and inch on it now. LOL! when I pinch it, it reaches about 3 quarters up to the 1st knuckle. It's cute :) Not sure if everyone has been aware of the weather here in GA. It's been unseasonably cold. This meant I had to ditch the wigs and scarfs and put on something more sensible; knitted skullies! I got some cute ones. Don't think they leave my head unless I'm taking a shower or doing class. I even sleep in them. :D A.D. was like you have got to be kidding me. I know, I know... I most likely lost some cool point there ... shit! it's cold! and I ain't used to all this directly on my head.


Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment