Saturday, December 4, 2010

Radiation 12/03/10

This will be a short one... promise... and I hope my post will not be jibberish cause I'm using A.D.'s laptop and the keys are sooooo close.


Radiation 12/03/10



This morning I started at my newly growing hair. Turning to the left and examining, turning to the right and examine some more. I cocked my head back to each corner, held it down... all sorts of ways over and over again. My eyebrows are finally filled back in; to a point I no longer need makeup to color them in; and maybe a little thicker, my lashes are still tryna plump up. "Not bad" I finally thought. "Mel you've been though so much this past year... it's ok, everything is fine now,... you are still beautiful... it was just hard to see with so many physical changes....but those changes have withered away and I see a beautiful me again." I went too the kids bathroom and hunted for my son's soft brush. My old one is too rough for me now. :) I brushed my new hair into place and finally... finally accepted my new look. "I am beautiful, I am still me, I am still cute, I am.... Mel!" Never mind the scars, they're there to simply remind me that nothing in life is guarenteed.
Live! Love! Laugh!


At the hospital


No specialty parking space available for me this morning. No worries... I need to walk... good for the heart. :)

I've really come to enjoy these ladies here with me. I never thought it would be nice to relate to others like me. Many times when I'm hurt or hurting, I choose to be by myself or really lash out...I don't linger too much in between. Always been like that. Anyway, we chatted a while about the toll radiation is having on us. The breast cancer patients were all the same; skin irritation under the arm, skin darkening, and shrinkage. Yup! they're uneven but I think I told you all that before. That led us to our next subject; breast augmentation/ reconstruction. This is actually something I wanted to address before my diagnosis, so now I think I will go ahead with it since my insurance will cover it. No implants, just a lift. Hey, I was a sexy B before these kids. Got pregnant and grew to a DD! Nursed both rugrats and grew into a F! that mess was unreal. but I'm still wearing a D.... en not so perky. ugh! So I plan to get that addressed. Just to even out everything and lift em back into place. :D The one lady that considers me her favorite agreed with me.... for herself that is. lol. This chick is 68 years old... and still wanting the girls to look right. I Love it.!

I asked them if we could take pictures. No hats, wigs,or scarfs. They agreed. So Monday is our picture day. :) I may share one with you. I'll keep you posted as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment