Thursday, October 21, 2010

After Surgery

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the well wishes. They certainly light up my day and lift my spirits. I love you all and couldn't have made it through so smoothly without any of you. FYI- there are many more followers that support me but just don't wanna put their pics up. LOL! of course it's okay if you call, text, IM or email me instead. I'm open to just about all forms of communication.... wait if I get too close to my max txt limits we gotta choose something else. :D Verizon will get you on overages boy.

Well it's been 3 days since my surgery and I'm finally starting to feel better. Still a bit sore but not as bad. My doctor gave me Lortab for pain; YUP!, I took it even though popping pain pills isn't really my thing, and my body decided to have a little allergic reaction to it. WHAT! It shocked to heck outta me. Monday night I could hardly sleep due to the fact I was itchy EVERYWHERE! No part of my outer body was spared from the retched itch. I figured this is what a cat or dog would feel like if they had flees. There aren't too many things that can keep me from falling asleep but Lortab put an end to that.

I called my surgeon Tuesday morning about it and she recommended I take some Benadryl with it. Fine. I did, and I slept like a baby Tuesday night. Wednesday night, I did the same thing.... so why the hell was the Benydryl loosing. I took two of those suckas. OH! A.D. and I watched this movie last night named "Hot tub Time Machine" that was actually funny enough to keep me awake despite taking all those meds. LOL! He was shocked as well.

Wednesday, I realized I had little to no feeling in my upper left arm and underarm. From the elbow up felt like that numbing sensation you get when the dentist injects Novocaine in the cheeks and gum line. I know that there would be some nerve loss but I sure hope to regain a little more that what it is now.

Today is Thursday. I am so ready to get outta this house so I'm hitting the road. :) A.D. is driving Ms.Daisy... again. LOL!

Peace and Love
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment