Friday, October 15, 2010

Me and my Cookie

OK, so I was gonna just let everyone know that I didn't have surgery today as planned but got something better for you to read. Surgery had to be rescheduled to Monday cause some personal issues came up with my surgeon. Hopefully this the last procedure as such for me. Anyway, I was checking FB before I updated you guys and came across... a blog about me. Check it out, it's written by a friend of mine.

Inspired By Skittles...

I have a friend, a friend for about 19 + years and counting. Though we haven't seen each other in a long long LONG time I still regard her as someone very special in my life. We met through our mothers who were close. And through their closeness we become close.

She was a popular girl entering Junior High School with many friends and I started with none. She was kind enough to stick close to me as a new girl starting out and introduce me to her friends so we can all become friends and I wouldn't feel alone. Unfortunately we didn't graduate J.H.S together because she left New York and moved to Georgia with her family. Even though we now had some miles in between us, I was glad that throughout the years we have still remained a part of each others lives so much so that I was honored to witness the union of her marriage to her husband as a bridesmaid in her wedding about 10+ years ago.

Well, that's our history. Here we are 2010. I wake up one morning early because I couldn't sleep and went on Facebook to see what everyone was up to (don't judge me, you know you do it too). I saw that she posted something on Facebook that made me sit up in my bed. She was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I could barely get through reading the post without my hands shaking and tears streaming down my face...who am I kidding I was bawling. Partly because I wasn't there with her & the other part because I was fearing the whatifs ( I won't even go there). I'm tearing up just writing this so I will stop now because I just can't...

She talks about her journey in her blog HERE. But in case you don't get a chance to read it just know that she is OK...she is a survivor...she is blessed...she is alive...she is kicking butt (literally)...and she is Awesome.. and she is STILL my friend.

So I dedicate this inspiration board to her...my friend Melissa. For just being the her!



In this section of Cookie's blog, she shows some of her Pink work. BEAUTIFUL stuff

http://alittlebitathis.blogspot.com/2010/10/inspired-by-skittles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment