Monday, October 25, 2010

Flashbacks

Okay, so I'm sitting here in my truck this morning somewhat listening to Frank and Wanda argue about being the only high profile positive black influences in our community.... blah bla bla blah..blah blaahh. I'm at the intersection of hell that construction crews are trying relentlessly to correct; Hillandale Dr. and Dekalb Medical Pkwy, heading to the bank.

Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. I'm patiently waiting for this older guy in front of me to take a chance and make his left turn. "Dude! you could have taken that one." Tap, tap, tap, tap. Being that I was second to turn, I was able to have good sight of the same traffic. I watched all the opportunities that I probably would have taken and wondered why the hell he wouldn't. Then I thought about my swollen and bruised boob and underarm. "Mel! maybe he's like me...slightly injured, or maybe he's just getting off work a bit sleepy and trying his best to not mess up the traffic flow,or maybe he's just not sure where he's going."

Somehow or another, while waiting for this man to turn my mind went back to several months ago. Right before I was diagnosed. A particular conversation with my mother-in-law is what came to me. In this conversation she reminded me that she and one of her nieces had to have a biopsy of the breast done and it turned out to be just a cyst. Then my thoughts jumped to our, mine and A.D.'s, immediate family's responses to "Mel has Cancer." My mom said "don't cry, we can beat this....." My mother-in-law gasped and said something like Sh*t! oh no, I'm sorry, you know we're hear for you.... My brother-in-law "F*ck! DAMN BRO! SH*T! NAWH ...." All the emotions of those days, those moments were so overwhelming. So much so that thinking about them; still waiting to make this turn; still brought tears to my eyes. Humph, I'm tearing up just as I write this as well. I need to stop here. Too much emotion... tears, rears,tears.

Love you all.
Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment