Sunday, October 3, 2010

What's Happening Now

Hey guys,

Thank you all for reading. I truly appreciate it and love each and every one of you for your unwavering support. xoxoxox


September 22


Today I met with my surgeon again. The nurse come to get us as usual and take us back to a patient room... BUT! it's the same room where our live were first turned upside down by Cancer. UGH! It is just a room but I can't help but feel a bit of animosity towards it,... towards being here. Shit, it's just a room right? On with the routine... remove all clothing on the top and put on the waist length paper gown. LOL! they don't even have to tell me anymore.

A few minutes later there was a little knock and in comes my doctor. Everything about her is so personable.

She inquires about how I handled my treatments, then moves on to the next step that involves her. Surgery. With the exam she just did, and the great shrinkage of the tumor; she anticipates nothing more than a lumpectomy. YEAaaaa! I get to keep MY boobies. :D Surgery is scheduled for October 15th.

September 30th


Another appointment with a new doctor. A Radiation Oncologist. A little research shows that he's one of Atlanta's top in his specialty. He's a very nice, "sweet", informed, and informative kinda guy. What he plans is to start radiation therapy about 3-4 weeks after the surgery. Why is radiation needed? Trust me I had the same question. Well, while the chemo goes through the entire body to shrink any other possible cancer cells, the radiation is very targeted to the affected area for any stray tumors. This treatment will be done daily for 5-6 weeks, and by the 3rd or 4th week he says I'll have some darkening of the skin. hump! glad it's the time of year to cover up.

Confession


In an embrace, my husband reveals to me that he's happy I get to keep the girls... typical... right? LOL! Of course I'm happy about that as well. Then he goes and adds that he's grateful he gets to keep me as well. HUH! Where in the world did that come from I wondered. Come to find out before we were given the full depth of my condition and treatment plan, my husband thought he was/ could be loosing me to this Bitch. Him saying that was like another realization of how lucky I am to have him, my kids, and my family. I love them dearly even though they each take turns getting on my nerves. What doesn't know is that the same thing that once concerned him also tore at me. For days I wondered if this was how it was gonna end for me. There was so much to be done, so much undone. How could I exit this world now? Then we get informed and I say "Thank You Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment